This episode is sponsored by Nexo, Abra and FTX US.
Download this episode
This was, NLW argues, a very good week for crypto. He covers:
- The mayor of Rio announcing big bitcoin/crypto support this week
- Strike launching in Argentina
- Northwest Arkansas offering tech workers $10,000 in BTC and a bike to move to the region
- A congressman introducing legislation to ban the Fed from issuing a CBDC
- Jack Dorsey’s Block building bitcoin mining hardware
See also: Bitcoin Price Analysis, Inflation, Rio de Janeiro to Add Bitcoin to Treasury and More
“The Breakdown” is written, produced by and features Nathaniel Whittemore aka NLW, with editing by Rob Mitchell, research by Scott Hill and additional production support by Eleanor Pahl. Adam B. Levine is our executive producer and our theme music is “Countdown” by Neon Beach. The music you heard today behind our sponsor is “Time” by OBOY. Image credit: Christian Adams/The Image Bank/Getty Images, modified by CoinDesk. Join the discussion at discord.gg/VrKRrfKCz8.